We have a second Seasonal Flu Clinic for the over 65’s only on the morning of Saturday 12th September 2020. This year, more than most, it is really important that we protect you as early as possible from the general flu viruses you may come across to keep you as healthy as possible this Winter. We are taking bookings now so please contact the surgery after 10:00 to book or decline your appointment. If you are under 65 please do not clog the lines by calling.
NHS England and NHS Improvement have made it clear that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then.
How will the Over 65’s Clinic work this year?
- Please attend as near to your appointment time as possible.
- You will need to wear a face covering unless you are exempt, in which case you will need to wear your visor. We will very sorry but we will not be able to provide you with these items.
- This clinic is likely to be quite busy, so please remember only the patient should attend unless you require the assistance of a Carer. They will also need to wear a face covering.
- Please do not wear lots of layers of clothing which are difficult to remove. Think about perhaps wearing a short sleeved shirt or blouse and a coat which will keep you warm, but which is easy to carry. Have your preferred arm ready before you go and have your injection.
- We would suggest that you park in one of the numerous local car parks, catch a bus, bike, walk or get dropped off outside the surgery car park unless you are disabled or unable to walk any distance. The car park will be open, but will become very very busy.
- Our toilets will not be open due to infection control. You will be on the premises for a short period of time so please go before you come!
- Staff will be in PPE. We will be operating to strict COVID guidelines for everyone’s protection. Please help us to look after you by wearing a face covering, by reading this information and by listen to the staff on the day. We will have plenty of staff onsite to make sure that things go smoothly or help you if things don’t.
- Unfortunately this is not the COVID 19 vaccine as one is not yet available.
- If you have any COVID symptoms, please do not attend.
We will not be admitting patients who turn up unreasonably early. This caused logistical issues last Saturday and was very unfair to patients who arrived at an appropriate time.
Thank you for reading this year’s guidelines and we look forward to hearing from you soon to book for this over 65’s clinic.
Patients in Care Homes
Horizon Healthcare will be arranging flu vaccinations for our regular care home patients. You do not need to call to us to check, this is all in hand.
For patients who are truly housebound we will be organising vaccinations at your property. You will be contacted and do not need to call the surgery. When the Nurse does attend your property to vaccinate you please ensure that your home is easily accessible and that you are ready to be vaccinated as the Nurses lists are quite full and we want to be able to see everybody to ensure you are well protected for the Winter.
Horizon Healthcare Team